Saturday 29 November 2008

Day 15

Dear MI5,

Seriously? Did you really fall for that trick?

Let me explain. Two weeks ago, I was contacted by a man. To protect his identity I'll call him DG and he is a Member of Parliament. DG contacted me with the view to leaking some documents relating to a vast flood approaching our shores. He wants me to have them, he wants me to get the news out there. Start a campaign, etc, etc.

Now DG has a moderately good voting record on environmental issues...to place that in context, he is voting in the House of Commons so...well...yeah...a good voting record there means the impact of any climate change measure passed is almost instantly lost; given the amount of CO2 produced by our dear leaders during their debates.

But giving DG the benefit of the doubt, I arrange to collect these leaked documents at a drop off point. He offered to fly me down to London...why do we even bother? Some time later, I arrive in the capital. God bless the privatisation of the railways! A good delay means I can finish reading at least one book. Currently reading the 'cookbook'...you know the one I mean...no lone maverick eco-extremist should be without the 'cookbook'...'10 Exciting Couscous Recipes for Anarchists'

Anyway, I collect the documents and it turns out that it was another one of those 'flood of immigrants' stories that I detest so much.

Not one to hold a grudge, I've spent the last week emailing select friends saying that DG is interested in taking his environmental views to the next level, that he has even been seen hugging a tree.

A few days ago, DG was seized by anti-terror police and held for 9 hours. Of course the media ran with the usual cover story but I know the truth and so do you MI5!!!

Forget lone maverick eco-extremists, front bench politicians are the way to go! They do a lot more damage!!!!

Sincerely,
Lone Maverick Eco-Extremist No.143, Cell 54, Based in the UK.

No comments: